The lost city of Mahendraparvata
Camping – The lost city of Mahendraparvata
- Permission fee for Camping set up on top of national park “next to the waterfall”,
- Camp set up: mattress, pillow, duvet, premium linen,
- Bathroom complete with flush toilet, wash basin and stylish toiletries,
- Chill out set up for welcome on arrival and lounging,
- Welcome drink and cold towels upon evening arrival,
- Welcome gift: torch lights, mosquito spray, bathroom slippers,
- Venue night decoration by candle lights / oil lamps around the camp area,
- Catering during tour: 1 picnic lunch at the Elephant park,
- Catering camping: 1 dinner, 1 breakfast,
- Drink package includes during meals: water, soft drink, beer, tea/coffee,
- Transportation during 2days 1night as in above program,
- Local English speaking guide during 2days 1night as in above program,
- Local trekking guide on day 2,
- Entrance fee to the national park.
- No A/C, No hot water, No Wifi,
- Other services are not mentioned above,
- Additional beverages, spirits, wine (available upon request),
- Personal expenses,
Luxury tents starting at US$ 1,747
Important information: Rates are only applicable between 15th December 2017 and 15th February 2018.
Day 1: Siem Reap – National park of Kulen Mt. – Hidden Elephant park – Luxury Tent
At 9h00 pick up from your hotel and transfer for around one hour forty five minute drive up to Phnom Kulen "Mountain of Lychees & the most sacred mountain in Cambodia. It was the first capital of the Angkorian civilization, after the coronation of King Jayavarman II in 802.
On September 1 st , 1992, Phnom Kulen Mountain was added to the World Heritage Tentative List in the Cultural category by UNESCO. This confirmed it is really a precious asset of humanity need to be concerned and conserve.
Upon arrival on the mountain plateau, first stop to visit the 1000 carvings of Yoni and Linga are etched into the sandstone riverbed and a breathtaking waterfall divided into two parts, the first waterfall is just 4 or 5 meters height while the second one has the height of 15 to 20 meters.
The water in downstream finally flow into Tonle Sap Lake. Khmers believe that the source of water in here is sacred and can bless, so they often bottle it to carry on their home.
Continue by 4x4 to the bat cave and accessible by foot to Srah Damrei, is about 2.5km for 20mn walk to reach:
A bit further at Srah Dumrei “Elephant Pond” is an area filled with stone carved animals.
This ancient Khmer sculpture is also accompanied by a couple of lions and remnants of some other animals, this is a very rewarding sight and worth trekking off the beaten path.
Enjoy a simple tasty picnic lunch and relaxing in this natural environment,…
After a little lunch rest, we head to the camping site which’s located just next to the waterfall riverside:
Your retreat starts with fresh towels and a welcome drink on arrival.
Your spacious private tent’s amenities provide for maximum relaxation. Furnished with fans, plush mattresses, pillows and premium linen, your comfort is provided for … Romantic retreats like no other, the few tents are havens of intimacy. Verandahs for soaking in the magical jungle canopy surrounded by a thousand oil lamps and candle lights.
Your tent is equipped with private, separate bathroom facilities including a flush toilet, a washbasin and premium amenities.
After check-in, it’s time for you to enjoy swim with your private pool waterfall that’s just in front of your tent:
Take your time relax as long as you wish, till the time for gourmet dinner by our Chef and Staff services from Heritage Suites, Romantic glow from a special decoration with hundreds of candles and tea lights hanging around your dinning place!
Day 2: Camping – Trekking – Siem Reap
Start your day with a hearty breakfast then check out, at 9h00 start trekking through by the forest around 5 km = 1 hour 20mn to reach Preah Ang Thom.
Preah Ang Thom, It was built in the 16th century Buddhist monastery notable for the giant reclining Buddha and is eight meters high. Preah Ang Thom is the sacred and worshipping god for Kulen Mountain.
At around 12h00, after visit site transfer back to Siem Reap!